0

Why Germany? Why Europe?



I just got back from Germany.. when I was there, some people asked me “why Germany? why not America? or the the UK? or other countries you’ve never been to?”, “why winter? why don’t you wait for spring or summer?”

So here’s the story…

_______________

Fun fact (that’s not not so fun):

When people enter the “adult life”, some people get obsessed with money and position, they’re being extremely competitive. Even when you hangout with them, all they talk about is their achievement (everybody is just so proud of themselves, everybody is so full of themselves).

Some people around me are so fake, they’re just a bunch of fake nice people, smile a lot, their words are so fluffy and sweet (as honey), they tell you that their life is all sunshine and rainbow, they pretend to be nice, everything is so staged, but at some point, they’re so mean.. sometimes they say harsh things about other people — yet, they can smile and be nice to them. and still they think they’re the best people.

Last but not least… social media is full of people who try to prove themselves, they show you they have the best life, the best friends, the best partner, the best job, they assume their opinion is the most important thing in the world, they’re too loud.

Those people creep me out. 

________________

I was so tired of people. I felt so distant, and it wasn’t a nice feeling... 

So, as soon as Germany opened the border, I immediately made a plan to travel to Germany for 3 months, (my job is quite flexible and my bosses are amazing — they knew much I needed this break). It was never about exploring Europe, I didn’t even wait for spring/summer, it was more like I needed to hangout with my kind of people, I missed something familiar, I missed kindness, I missed something pure, I missed being with people without talking about anything related to money and achievement. I just wanted to shut out the world for it’s too loud, too noisy, too busy, too competitive, too unhealthy for my mind and soul.

And it was the right decision!



0 komentar:

Back to Top